Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

Post by Clive »

PiperOne wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:16 pm
buddyboy wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:42 pm
will1983 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:36 am Still nothing other than DUB from GLA for S24 and FR are/have released W24 flights from other bases.
Games a bogey I suspect. Would be delighted to be proven wrong but it doesn't look like it's happening.
Not giving up just yet, still announcing new S24 routes, BHX-TIA being the latest just announced yesterday.
And various new routes all over Europe today and every other day. It’s never too late. I’m still hopeful, especially given that our routes coming from Poland and Spain have not yet been uploaded. To me it’s far more feasible that that are planning a base than planning an exit at GLA.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
will1983

Post by will1983 »

Still no sign of S24 being released.

Looking less likely there will be Spanish and Polish flights with FR this summer.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

They'll need to be an announcement soon otherwise pax figures will plummet
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

GKirk wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:39 pm They'll need to be an announcement soon otherwise pax figures will plummet
At GLA? With 2x new TUI 737's plus longer based dreamliner, 1x jet 737 on top of the 7 already based and another EZY airbus for the coming summer I don't see figures plummeting. FR's ops at GLA are unfortunately pretty small, the airports figures won't plummet at their loss.

However I'd love them to base at Glasgow and get the numbers up
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

buddyboy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:08 pm
GKirk wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:39 pm They'll need to be an announcement soon otherwise pax figures will plummet
At GLA? With 2x new TUI 737's plus longer based dreamliner, 1x jet 737 on top of the 7 already based and another EZY airbus for the coming summer I don't see figures plummeting. FR's ops at GLA are unfortunately pretty small, the airports figures won't plummet at their loss.

GLA expecting 8.5m pax this year according to Ronald Leitch.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Clive wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:12 am

Currently 7.2m

It needs an 18% increase to get to 8.5m which seems somewhat optimistic
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Bearsden wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:23 am

Currently 7.2m

Yip but that’s what he said in a quote about the upcoming jobs fair at the airport. We’d need a Ryanair base to get to that number this year otherwise it can’t happen.

Iain

Post by Iain »

Clive wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:00 am
Currently 7.2m

Yip but that’s what he said in a quote about the upcoming jobs fair at the airport. We’d need a Ryanair base to get to that number this year otherwise it can’t happen.
Yes, it would certainly require that, or a number of other significant announcements - but clearly its getting pretty late for announcements for S24.

On the other hand, we could be reading too much into his statements and he's just being over optimistic.

Even if GLA got to 8.5m next year, it's still short of 2019 numbers, whilst many airports in the UK and Europe are already caught up.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Iain wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:48 amEven if GLA got to 8.5m next year, it's still short of 2019 numbers, whilst many airports in the UK and Europe are already caught up.
My thoughts exactly. Pax numbers were higher 20 years ago in 2004.

With regards to Ryanair, this year marks 10 years since the base was first announced.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Clive wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:00 am

Currently 7.2m

Here's the quote for those who have not seen it, copied directly from the media release,

Ronald Leitch, Interim Chief Operating Officer of AGS Airports, which owns Glasgow Airport, said: “As we enter the new year and the aviation industry continues grow from strength to strength, we anticipate that Glasgow Airport will welcome well over 8.5-million passengers 2024.