Loganair reopen MME base

Moderators: bill, Clive

Ekally1

Re: Loganair reopen MME base

Post by Ekally1 »

LM just got in contact with me saying gla is not a sustainable destination from the IOM ...
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Ekally1 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:29 pm LM just got in contact with me saying gla is not a sustainable destination from the IOM ...
Funny how everywhere else is. :roll:
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Funny how they branded the routes yesterday as important, clearly your home base isn't then
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

awwdabaaby wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:52 pm Funny how they branded the routes yesterday as important, clearly your home base isn't then
Is it not some sort of regional connectivity funding from the IOM government ?
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

You would think they would want glasgow surely .... my family are originally from the IOM and there is a large IOM- GLA connection between the 2 places ...
Billyboeing

Post by Billyboeing »

Plenty of people on the Loganair Facebook page agreeing with above, myself included as I have family/friends on the IOM
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Billyboeing wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:14 pm Plenty of people on the Loganair Facebook page agreeing with above, myself included as I have family/friends on the IOM
I know at least 45-50 people who would use service , and thats just my family connections alone ... people i speak to always mention they need to get ferry from liverpool or heysham .. defo a market
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

Loganair didn't serve GLA-IOM before the pandemic and EDI is coming back but at slightly reduced frequency (I think 4 weekly instead of 5). I seem to recall that when Loganair last served both GLA and EDI to IOM, neither worked and both got chopped, with EDI only being reinstated after a gap of a few years. If you've already proven that doing both in tandem doesn't work, I'm not sure why you'd do it again just to prove once more what you already knew?

I see from Facebook that the reply on GLA-IOM wasn't a "no", but more of a "not at this time" response - unlike one or two other route suggestions which did get a firm but polite knock-back!!
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Someone call EZY ...
atuk

Post by atuk »

Saabdriver wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:19 pm Loganair didn't serve GLA-IOM before the pandemic and EDI is coming back but at slightly reduced frequency (I think 4 weekly instead of 5). I seem to recall that when Loganair last served both GLA and EDI to IOM, neither worked and both got chopped, with EDI only being reinstated after a gap of a few years. If you've already proven that doing both in tandem doesn't work, I'm not sure why you'd do it again just to prove once more what you already knew?

I see from Facebook that the reply on GLA-IOM wasn't a "no", but more of a "not at this time" response - unlike one or two other route suggestions which did get a firm but polite knock-back!!
When I worked in Investment Operations many companies based their offshore funds on Isle of Man. This generated the need for travel from EDI/GLA for operational and audit purposes.

Given the consolidation in the fund management business together with a reduction in holiday traffic it’s no surprise that routes were dropped. It may be EDI as the major remaining companies running offshore funds are EDI based rather than GLA.