Loganair reopen MME base

Moderators: bill, Clive

GKirk

Re: Loganair reopen MME base

Post by GKirk »

Gla1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:36 pm Eastern have apparently already pulled their route! Seems
To me like Loganair have all but usurped Easterns attempt at a base in MME. North of England and Scotland clearly Loganairs patch you could say.

So much for Loganair never going into Heathrow though, they must be getting quite the package from MME to give this investment.
MME andIOM-LHR now, Dundee-LHR next maybe
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

So much for Loganair never going into Heathrow though
IIRC, the definite "never" was to picking up the bmi remedy slots to fly Aberdeen and Edinburgh to Heathrow in competition to BA. Rules of the game are rather different when it comes to flying routes to Heathrow with BA feed instead of going head-to-head against them.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Seems fair to me, if theres money to be made then go for it!

Shame Dundee and Derry can’t be shifted there, it would be beneficial for all parties i’d imagine.

The southampton services codeshare with BA cityflyer also seems a smart move.
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

I'm not sure Derry would ever stand the cost of Heathrow operations versus Stansted. Dundee, having just moved from Stansted to City, isn't likely to move back and probably it's a stretch too far to get slots at Heathrow for that to move there, even though it would probably work. Certainly for the foreseeable future, it looks like Heathrow, City and Stansted will all be on the network.

BA code on SOU is supposed to strengthen sales in the south and I would hope will support growth in frequency on the routes before long.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Various connections via SOU are now possible with BA from GLA.
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

This might be of passing interest to some:

https://register.gotowebinar.com/record ... 8381192464
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Absolutely thanks Saab.